East Bay Manufacturers in Bristol RI is looking for a Senior CNC Machinist & Programmer. Compensation to commensurate with experience and we offer a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k) options after completion of a 30-day probationary period.
The Senior CNC Machinist/Programmer will review customer blueprints, design/create CAD programs, optimize the CNC machine manufacturing process by programming CNC Lathes & Mill and utilize inspection methods
Key requirements: setup, machined part operations, meet quality customer requirements and overall cost efficiency. Employment position needs to fulfill EBM CNC’s, mission statement and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews customer blueprints, engineering plans, materials & customer specifications.
- Coordinates with estimating department by calculating cost analysis of materials, set-up procedures and machining production operations.
- Creates project programs with extreme efficiently in accordance with the estimated project allowances by utilizing Solid Works.
- Coordinates and oversees workflow throughout the production process and communicates with management team.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Maintains accuracy and tolerance specifications of projects and adhering to quality assurance procedures.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes flow of short and long run orders, including routing of job through production cells, outside processes, and in-process and final inspection.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods with creative thinking.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow and proper machine allocation
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating needed actions, addressing any irregularities, and ensuring continuity of quality.
- Communicates and works well with employees.
- Ability to multitask and manage heavy work load.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends when needed.
- Communicates with customers quality control pertaining to quality issues
Experience Required: A minimum of 3 years programming experience in the manufacturing industry
Knowledge and experience of machining a variety of materials
Additional Position Support:
Knowledge and experience of use with E2 system a plus.