East Bay Manufacturers in Bristol RI is looking for a Senior CNC Machine Shop Programmer. Compensation is commensurate with experience and we offer a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k) options after completion of a 30-day probationary period.
The Senior CNC Programmer will review customer blueprints, design/create CAD programs, optimize the CNC machine manufacturing process by programming CNC Lathes & Mill and utilize inspection methods
Primary responsibility of the Senior Programmer is to interpret customer blueprints, provide timing analysis for quotation and create programs for complex parts utilizing Cad Cam software.
Additional key requirements are to plan projects by creating CNC programs with the utmost efficiency of setup, machined part operations, meet quality customer requirements and overall cost efficiency. Employment position needs to fulfill EBM CNC’s, mission statement and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews customer blueprints, engineering plans, materials & customer specifications.
- Coordinates with estimating department by calculating cost analysis of materials, set-up procedures and machining production operations.
- Creates project programs with extreme efficiently in accordance with the estimated project allowances by utilizing Solid Works.
- Coordinates and oversees workflow throughout the production process and communicates with management team.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Maintains accuracy and tolerance specifications of projects and adhering to quality assurance procedures.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes flow of short and long run orders, including routing of job through production cells, outside processes, and in-process and final inspection.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods with creative thinking.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow and proper machine allocation
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating needed actions, addressing any irregularities, and ensuring continuity of quality.
- Communicates and works well with employees.
- Ability to multitask and manage heavy work load.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends when needed.
- Communicates with customers quality control pertaining to quality issues
- Advance Blue Print reading abilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of CNC machining, materials, special processes and tolerances.
- Advanced knowledge programming with Solid Works.
- Have good communication skills, be attentive to details, possess sound judgment.
- Experience history of machining parts from Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Titanium, Inconel, Tool Steel and plastics
- A minimum of 3 years programming experience in the manufacture of CNC machining on the medical, defense and aerospace industry.
- Knowledge and experience of machining a variety of materials.
Mental Demands Required:
- Ability to perform well under pressure, while treating others with respect and consideration.
- Accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments.
- Ability to deal with frequent changes or delays.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion; problem solving.
Additional Position Support:
Knowledge and experience of use with E2 system a plus.
EBM Established in 1960, utilizes its machining and programming experience into a stronghold of defense, aerospace, automotive, aviation, medical, electronic and general high technology driven industries. With a rapidly expanding needs of these industries, EBM is a growing, multifaceted company, providing engineering, product development, consulting and design support to our growing customer’s needs. Professionalism, part accuracy, on time delivery and strong communication is what creates a “partnership” with our customers. EBM strives to exceed our customer’s expectations while maintaining an enjoyable friendly environment for our employees.