East Bay Manufacturers in Bristol RI is looking for a CNC Machinist. Compensation to commensurate with experience and we offer a competitive benefits package options after completion of a 30-day probationary period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review process sheets for jobs scheduled through the department.
- Set-up, operate, and monitor CNC lathes and mill machines
- Interact with shop supervisor to select and research tools for job
- Generate purchase requisitions for shop supplies as needed
- Perform periodic spot inspections
- Review process sheets when job is complete, markup the process sheet, to reflects the method of manufacture and the proper cycle times, as approved by Engineer
- Keep program files current and orderly, so they can easily be retrieved and sent to the machines as required.
- Work toward productivity improvement on all jobs
- Work with the head supervisor and production control, to make recommendations regarding best work centers, and sequencing of jobs, to optimize workflow throughout the department
- Create new programs, and edit existing programs as needed, notifying head supervisor and engineers in the process
- 2 years of machining experience required
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or Cam Software
- Programming/drafting experience preferred